A Master Plan is a blueprint for development. It builds upon the uniqueness of the community and it casts visions for the future. Key to the plan's success is community engagement. Project Downtown: The Master Plan for Wichita strives to achieve several key outcomes:
- connect and maximize the potential of areas including Old Town, INTRUST Bank Arena and the River Corridor;
- build upon previous downtown plans;
- provide specific action-oriented development strategies, including implementation plans;
- define the vision for Downtown;
- the initiatives will be based upon economic analysis and realities and the plan will maximize private sector investment and return on public sector investment.
- the plan will futher soldifiy the identity of our city and community.
As a result of such planning, we can expect a number of outcomes:
- it will assist the community in retaining young people, families and jobs;
- it will increase tourism
- it will grow existing tax base revenues; and
- it will make Wichita competitive in regional, national and global markets.